Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Dream

I feel that this experience was once in a lifetime. I experienced the time President Obama came to Eastfield College in the fall of 2011 and that was nothing like what I experienced tonight. The energy of the crowd kept me on the edge of my seat all night.

The turning point of the night is when President Obama won the electoral votes from California. The Democrats brought down the house in a rage of excitement. The smiles in that room could have lit up a cave.

The atmosphere in the room was tremendous. I have never felt so warm and accepted by such a large group. I was not intimidated at all by the other journalists doing their jobs.  I felt like we all worked as a team to get the information that we needed. I was approached by many friendly citizens, and I actually made a couple of friends along the way.

The experience was breathtaking. I felt like I fit right in with everyone one there. This experience actually has pushed me even more to vote.

-Devin Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment