Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The "Obamas" have gone wild

The Democrat watch party was the ultimate experience for a young news reporter.

I felt like a 5 year old when I met Eddie Bernice Johnson and Lupe Valdez. Even though it was brief, I felt like I accomplished a lot.

The people there were very nice and optimistic.  There was no doubt in anyone's mind that Dallas and Obama were not going to win tonight.

When the Republican parties hit the big screen, the crowd would boo, but it was all in good fun.

As soon as I walked in, I noticed buttons and flags in the crowd. The crowd was ready to rock.  I went to the front of the room and noticed the smaller screen where I met Royce West. I nervously giggled to myself to ask the man in blue jeans and white button down shirt if he was Royce West. Nonetheless, I built up courage to speak to him.

I can't wait to do this again in four years.

--Rachel Colon

No comments:

Post a Comment